In this section

Frequently asked questions

I am coming from overseas – Do I need to apply for a visa?

An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visa may be required to travel to Australia.  Only certain passport holders can apply for this visa online. You may need to use a travel agent to apply for this visa. Further information is detailed here.

Where is Adelaide?

Adelaide is on the southern edge of the Australian continent, about a two-hour flight west from Sydney.  Adelaide is a city of one million people and is the capital of the State of South Australia.  It is a tech city with free internet throughout.

How do I get there?

There are daily flights to Adelaide from Dubai, Abu Dhabi (from May 2017), Singapore, Hong Kong and New Zealand.  There are many flights daily to and from Australia’s capital cities.

Where do I stay?

Adelaide has 4000 hotel rooms to suit all budgets.  Many are located close by (next door or across the street) from the Convention Centre.  All of the major hotel chains are present.

Is Adelaide easy to move around?

The Adelaide business area is quite flat and walking is the very best way to move about.  A tram runs through the middle of the City and stops close by the Convention Centre.  Within the business district it is free.  The tram goes on to the seaside suburb of Glenelg.  The city is well-served by public transport and taxis as well.

Are child-minding facilities available?

Child-minding can be arranged through commercial providers.  The IAC2017 organisers are watching the demand for these services and special arrangements for delegates may be made if the demand exists.

Is Adelaide safe?

Adelaide is a safe city.  Crime does exist but routine precautions and common sense invariably work.  There are no ‘no go’ areas in the city as is the case in so many other cities around the world.

Is Adelaide expensive?

A cup of coffee will cost you typically AUD 3-4 dollars (2.50 Euro).  A reasonable hotel room will cost in the order of AUD 200 dollars (140 Euro).

Can I bring my partner along to the Congress?

An Accompanying Person registration can be purchased when registering for the Congress. Accompanying person registration are those defined as a spouse, civil partner, translator or administrative assistant. (Maximum 1 per Full Paying, Retired or Young Professional Registration Only).

Is there anything to experience in South Australia?

There is much to see and do whilst in South Australia. Please click here for more details.

Navigation at a glance

Event Information

Location and Tour Information

Subscribe to receive our eNews

© All Rights Reserved | Sitemap | Website by PDQ Design